Bowman Woods Swim and Racquet Club
All safety rules must be followed by all children and adults. Failure to comply with the stated rules and appropriate safety measures as communicated by the staff may result in suspension of club privileges for the day and possibly revocation of club membership. No refunds would be granted and the stock membership will be forfeited back to the club.
General Facility Rules
- Lifeguards are privileged to establish more specific pool rules for the added safety of swimmers and others using the pool and club facilities.
- No pets
- No smoking on BWSRC property
- No glass bottles or containers are allowed on BWSRC property
Members 11 years of age or younger will not be allowed to enter BWSRC facility without an adult member (18+ years of age) or the members assigned babysitter (see Article I Section 3D of the Club’s Bylaws). The assigned babysitter must be 14 years of age or older and must be someone included in the current family registration. This may include an older sibling of the family that is a member.
- . Members between the ages of 12 and 17 must adhere to all BWSRC regulations and bylaws. Failure to do so will result in the revoked privilege of entering the facility without an adult that is 18+ years of age
General Pool Rules
Swim suits only allowed - no cutoffs or gym shorts.
- Showers are recommended before entering the pool. All members and guests playing on the sand volleyball court must use the water provided via the faucet outside the entrance of the pool to rinse off sand prior to entering the facility.
- No running
- Only lifeguards allowed on the lifeguard stands
- No food is allowed in the water at any time. No drinks for persons under 21 years of age is allowed in the water at any time
- All trash, cans, bottles used at the BWRSC facility should be disposed of in containers provided by members to ensure a clean and safe environment.
At the DANGER signal, one long blast of a whistle, the pool is to be cleared immediately and everyone is to be silent for further instructions from the guard.
- If there is one short blast of the whistle, give your attention to the guard as this means the guard needs the attention of a member.
- A 15 minute rest period will be scheduled at the end of every two hours during which time the pool will be cleared. Only adults (18 years of age or older) may remain in the pool during this break.
No person who has respiratory disease, or other communicable disease, disease discharge, bandage of any kind, or is otherwise ill is permitted to enter the pool. No person who has been reported by a doctor as having or as being a carrier of infectious disease is permitted to enter the pool.
- Lounge chairs are primarily for adult members only. When busy, all children should utilize their parents/babysitters chairs or hooks provided on east fence next to baby pool to hang their towels and other personal items. There will be announcements made by club manager and ask that all members comply for a safe and enjoyable experience.
Private or semi-private functions and activities, such as swim lessons, may only be conducted during the allotted time-periods. Any deviation must be requested in advance and granted by club management. Club management reserves the right to amend the request based on staffing needs and if anticipate a detrimental impact to normal use of facility for the overall membership base.
- We ask that all members refrain from changing children on deck. A diaper changing station is provided for your convenience in the men’s and women’s restrooms.
Pool Swimming Rules
- No standing/sitting/grabbing another swimmers shoulder/back.
- No back first entries into the pool
- No flips
- No playing in lap lanes when in use
- NO pushing, dunking, or rough play allowed.
- Diving blocks only to be used during swim team practices/meets.
- Diving only in 8ft-9ft area
- No one under the age of four is allowed in the main pool unless accompanied in the water by a responsible adult.
- Keep off the lane rope.
- Steps and ladders are for entering and exiting the pool only and must remain clear at all times.
- Swim diapers are required for all children not toilet trained.
- No prolonged breath holding.
Pool Toy Rules
- No squirt/water guns
- Noodles and kick-boards only to be used during lap swim, swim lessons, and special events.
- No water tubes allowed. Baby floating devices only to be used if within parent/guardian reach in 5ft and below. Arm flotation devices or life jackets may be used in 2ft/3ft area or within an arm’s reach of a standing parent/guardian.
- Only Sponge or Nerf type balls are allowed in the pool at the discretion of the pool staff. None are allowed on the deck area
Pool Slide Rules
You must be able to swim one length of the pool (25 yards) without assistance to go down the slide. A swim test may be administered by a lifeguard by request of a patron or may be required at the discretion of a lifeguard. The swim must be completed at least half way on the front.
- Only one person may go down the slide at a time.
- The lifeguard will signal patrons when it is their turn to go down the slide.
- Slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back or in a sitting position. No rotating within the slide.
- No people over 200 pounds are permitted to go down the slide.
- No catching other people at the end of the slide.
- No people except for lifeguards are permitted inside the roped off area, unless immediately following coming out of the slide.
- Patrons must exit the roped area immediately after landing in the water.
- If you are pregnant, have heart conditions or back trouble you are not permitted to go down the slide.
- No life jackets or flotation devices may be worn down the slide.
- No toys or balls permitted in the slide.
- No stopping inside the slide.
- No shaking the platforms while waiting for your turn to go.
- Only one person is permitted on each platform while waiting to go down the slide.
- No throwing objects at people going down the slide.
- An adult member (18 years of age or older) or the member’s assigned babysitter (see Article I Section 3D of the Club’s By-Laws) must register all guests.
- All guests must be accompanied by a parent, member 14 years of age or older or the member’s assigned baby sitter (see Article I Section 3D of the Club’s By-Laws) while using the club’s facilities. The assigned babysitter must be at least 14 years old and must be someone included in the current family registration.
- Each guest must register at the sign in table. They need to tell their first and last name and their age to the lifeguard.
- No guest will be allowed if, in the opinion of the pool manager, the capacity of the club’s facilities will be exceeded.
- Adult members have first choice of pool furniture
- All guests are subject to all pool rules and regulations.
Pool Area Rental Policy
The pool is available for rent on an exclusive basis before normal opening and after normal closing time. Parties must finish by 11:30 p.m. to enable the pool to be closed by midnight.
- Minimum 2 hour rental required and a $50 security deposit
Fees are as described in the current fee schedule found on the website: A) Rental payment is due in full at the end time of the rental. B) Security Deposit must be paid when reserving the pool. C) Reservations will not be made without accompanying payment. C)Hours of actual rental are to be agreed between the hirer and the manger on duty at the time of reservation. D) Any addition fees due to extensions of the booked time are to be paid at the end time of the party. Any over payment will be mailed to responsible individuals within 7 days. E) The security deposit will be put towards the balance due pending the pool and surrounding area are clean and no damage has been sustained to pool property as a result of the party.
Cancellations: No refunds for renter’s cancellation for any reason less than 72 hours prior to the planned start time. Any cancellation by BWSRC personnel (e.g. weather or equipment failure) will be refunded in full.
- All guests are subject to pool rules and regulations.
- For events that run into the evening it is important that music & noise levels be monitored and controlled since the pool resides in a residential area.
Liability: Renter and all attendees agree to limitations of liability coverage provided by BWSRC insurance, and will not hold BWSRC, its Board, agents, or members liable for accident or mishap.
One lifeguard is required for every 15 people invited. The rental rate provides for exclusive use of facilities along with the required staff. At the sole discretion of the BWSRC, Renter agrees to fund additional lifeguards to provide for a safe rental experience and/or comply with state and local laws.
Tennis Court Rules
- Tennis court usage will be controlled first come first serve unless reservations have been made during the regular pool season.
Courtesy dictates that at the end of the reserved hour, players should be allowed to complete a game, but not necessarily a set.
- If, at the end of the reserved hour, no one has signed up for the next hour, the current players may sign up for that time.
- When making reservations, one may indicate if it is a foursome or whether or not additional players would be accepted to make it a foursome.
- Juniors under 16 should yield to adults after 5:00PM on weekdays and all day on weekends except when playing with an adult member or in an association sponsored event.
Proof of Membership must be available for all players guests may accompany a member but should be registered at the guard desk at the pool first and fees as per the current Fee Schedule paid.
Outside the regular pool season, the courts may be used during daylight hours. Court usage will be on a first come, first served basis. Play should be restricted to one hour if others are waiting for the courts.
It is expected that good sportsmanship and courtesy shall prevail at all times.
It is expected that good sportsmanship and courtesy shall prevail at all times.
Equipment is available from the pool office and is for members’ use only. Members are responsible for returning the equipment borrowed to the pool office when done. A shoe or another item of value is to be traded for equipment to insure it is returned.
Facilities are on a first come first serve basis. Play should be restricted to one hour if other players are waiting to play.
1. Due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions, the Pool Manager (or in his/her absence, the Assistant manager) may determine that the pool should close either prior to opening or after opening.
A. After closing the pool due to inclement weather or unsafe conditions, the manager will reassess the situation and determine if the pool will reopen or remain closed.B. The Bowman Woods Swim and Racquet Club Facebook group will be updated every two hours to notify members of closings and re-openings.Bicycles
- All bicycles must be stored in or around the supplied bicycle racks located near the tennis courts and the West end of the pool house.
- No bikes are allowed on the sidewalks
Bowman Woods Swim and Racquet Club copy right 2018